Recorded: November 10, 2015 – Maine’s IEP form has included the term “Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM)” since August of 2014. What are AIM and how does an educational team determine if a student needs AIM?
This webinar provides an overview of the steps that a school team can take to ensure that AIM are appropriately considered in IEP meetings and other settings.
The following questions are addressed:
- Why are AIM in the IEP form?
- How is a student’s need for AIM determined?
- From where are AIM acquired?
- What resources and supports are available to schools, students, and families?
Audience: Special education teachers; general education teachers; special education administrators.
Cynthia Curry, M.S.Ed., Coordinator, Disability Services, University of New England.
- Speaker’s Notes – Steps to Providing AIM for Students with Disabilities – PDF
- Bookshare vs. Learning Ally Comparison Chart – MS-Word